Wednesday 14 January 2015

Welcome to 2015!

I have been dreadful in keeping up with social media these past couple of months.

My grandmother passed away in late November, and it hit me harder than I ever expected. I have a complicated relationship with pretty much everyone in my family except my own offspring and my grandma.

Most of the people in my family don't really like me, they consider me arrogant. Probably because I am. ;) But seriously, I realized long ago that my arrogance was a defence mechanism to keep them at arm's length because my family is very rude to one another. It's constant drama and backstabbing and gossip and I'd rather stay out of it all. Because of that, I'm seen as the asshole.

And don't get me started on my batshit crazy older sister, ohmigod, she's legit insane, like seriously needs medication just to get by...but anyhow, I won't get into that or I'll fill pages and pages of her batshit crazy behaviour, from spamming the shit out of our business FB pages to writing nasty stuff about our town's mayor on his FB page.

Maybe it's just FB. If she weren't trying so hard to prove to everyone on FB that her life was amaaaaaaaaazing, she might just have the time to live a truly amazing life. :D

Anyhow, my grandma was kind of the glue that kept the family together, without her I see all of us drifting apart. And though it doesn't upset me on one level, on another it feels like the end of an era, and makes my own mortality painfully apparent.

I think I'm back though, I was pretty depressed around Christmas, missed her immensely. Even now I think about her every day, I mean she's been a part of my world since the day I was born, I suppose it's natural to feel this way.

But I'm back to writing! Serial V3 is coming soon, a dark anthology I'm part of is coming in February, and I've pushed Freakshow back until March. This is for a couple of reasons, the first being that I don't want to overwhelm y'all with all my books at once. The second being that it's turning into a much longer and more complicated story than originally anticipated, and I don't want to rush it in order to publish and not do my absolute best on it. :)

So that's where I'm at.

You can keep track of my progress over at my blog: http://www.jadenwilkes.com/WIPs

Keep reading, and keep being awesome folks!


No comments:

Post a Comment