Saturday 25 January 2014

I Love Writing

I fucking love writing. I feel like this bear, but instead of "cocaine" insert "writing" and you've got me! I mean, come on, I'm a writer, I can't afford to have an addiction.

I guess I just wanted to write this post as a shout out to every single person who has ever taken a chance and bought one of my stories.

Thank you!

I think the most amazing thing about this crazy, delicious journey has been the people I've met online. People I wouldn't have ever known if I hadn't decided to tumble down the rabbit hole into indie publishing back in April. I love every single one of you!

Even the bat shit crazy one. You know who you are. ;) 

Writing my current novel, The Beast, has taught me one very important lesson about myself. Never say never. It's no lie that I am not a fan of rapey/kidnappy books, but The Beast is fucking dark. Dimitri makes me curl my toes with the way he thinks and the things he wants to do. I want to write a sweet love story, something my grandma can read. I want to work on my erotic dystopian fantasy, Kamikaze...but fucking Dimitri keeps populating my head with his demands.

The thing I've learned is never set limits as a writer. I don't know what I'll write next. I don't know what kind of character will take over and force me to work for them. I have learned that setting hard and fast boundaries limits my freedom of expression. I am slowly learning to let him take over and have his way...I will stop fighting him.

Here's a fan made teaser trailer if you want to check it out:








No comments:

Post a Comment